Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Mark 9:35

"If anyone wants to be first, he must be the very last, and the servant of all." As I said before I'm ready to do something with My life and that means I had to seperate my dreams for me from the dreams my mother had for me. I always thought I wanted to go into medicine and be this world renowned surgeon but, I've always had this nagging this feeling of being pulled in another direction. I finally see where I'm being pulled. I beileve in G-d and I do beileve he calls upon you to fuflill certain positions in this world. G-d is and has been calling me to be a Missonary to where I don't know yet. Now that I have payed attention to those feelings of uncomfort and have listened I'm starting to feel different. Different how? I'm not sure I just feel lighter and inspired. When I told my mother I was applying to Central Bible College for the fall semester and told her I would be majoring in Global Missions her response was " Sounds to me like your going to starve." then she suggested that I become an accountant. The biggest difference between me and my mother is for her money comes first, for me helping others is my first priority. Like it says in Mark 9:35 "If anyone wants to be first, he must be the very last, and the servant of all." Being a Missionary is all about service service to G-d and the guidance you will be giving to others leading them to Christ! I will be an extraordinary Missionary for two reasons 1. I don't mind being a servant I enjoy helping I'm a natural. and 2. G-d is lighting my path. I may not have my mother's support but I have G-d and he is all I need.

1 comment:

  1. Karissa - You are going to do such great things and I hope you will keep in touch so I can watch you blossom! You are the only one standing in your way. Mom's don't always have the best perspectives - give her time and she will see. ~Ms. A

    ReplyDelete